FEBRUARY 20 – 21, 2021
2021 REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
2021 PGDC Half Marathon COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
To offer an In-Person Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend, the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association has created and received the necessary approvals for a 2021 PGDC Race Weekend COVID-19 Mitigation Plan but will continue to follow the guidance of local Government and Health Officials as it relates to precautions relative to COVID-19.
Please remember, if the cancellation of an in-person 2021 PGDC Race Weekend due to COVID-19 is deemed necessary, the Association will comply and convert all events to a virtual experience.
Overall, the 2021 PGDC Race Weekend COVID-19 Mitigation Plan was designed to offer the opportunity for Gasparilla participants to run or walk the 15K, 5K, Half Marathon, or 8K in person, as safely as possible during the pandemic.
The 2021 PGDC Race Weekend COVID-19 Mitigation Plan includes the following for the Half Marathon:
Reduced Half Marathon Registration Cap – 5,000
● To protect the health and wellbeing of themselves, those around them, and their family and friends, the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association has established a Mandatory Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter Policy for all participants, volunteers** and staff** in the following 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend areas:
◆ Half Marathon Start Staging Corrals & Staging Zone
◆ Half Marathon Start Line Corral
■ The Race Morning Schedule calls for participants to remain in the Secure Start & Start Staging Area for no more than 45-minutes.
■ After crossing the Start Line, Face Coverings/Masks/Gaiters can be removed.
● Half Marathon Finish Line
◆ After crossing the Finish Line and while in the Finish Line Area, participants must wear a Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter.
● Tampa Convention Center/8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo
◆ **To perform their duties throughout Race Weekend, Volunteers and Staff will be required to wear a Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter at all times, including but not limited to while in the Tampa Convention Center/Expo, All Event Venues, Start Line, Start Staging Corrals & Start Staging Zone, Aid Stations & Finish Line.
● Half Marathon Start Location – Brorein Street & Franklin Street
● Beginning at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday, February 21, 2021, 10 – Half Marathon Wave Starts of 500 will take place at 15-Minute Intervals.
● Wave Start Seeding will be based on Verified Finish Times.
◆ All participants provided Projected Finish Times will be verified on Athlinks, the largest results database in the world.
● All Half Marathon Registered Participants will be assigned a Staggered Staging & Start Time
● Half Marathon Secure Start & Start Staging Area
◆ Entry into the Half Marathon Secure Start & Staging Area will be based on a participant’s assigned Staging & Start Time.
● Prior to entry into the Half Marathon Secure Start & Start Staging Area, participants will be required to complete the COVID-19 ‘A Pirate’s Healthy Life For All’ Promise.
● Prior to entry into the Half Marathon Secure Start & Start Staging Area on Race Day, participants’ temperatures will be checked. A temperature of 100.4° F or less will be required for entry.
◆ If on Race Morning, a participant’s temperature registers above 100.4° F, they will be asked to step aside, wait five minutes, and return for another temperature check.
◆ If after three tries, the participant’s temp continues to register above 100.4° F, entry into the Secure Start & Start Staging Area will be refused.
● A Half Marathon Secure Start Area (30′ x 750′) will be set-up according to physical distancing guidelines including, but not limited to, Physical Distancing Street Decals, Physically Distant Participant Linear Rows separated by barricades, controlled participant forward movement to Start Line.
◆ 500-Participants Per Wave Start.
◆ 32-Participants will Start every minute
■ In 2020, 1,200 crossed the 15K Start Line in one minute
◆ Four-Participants will Start every 7-seconds.
● Two Secure Start Staging Areas (40′ x 500′) will be set-up according to physical distancing guidelines including, but not limited to, Physical Distancing Street Markings, Physical Distancing Visual Signage, and controlled participant forward movement to Start Staging Area.
● Throughout the 2021 PGDC Race Weekend, all race staff, volunteers, and support personnel will be required to complete the COVID-19 ‘A Pirate’s Healthy Life For All’ Promise; and to access their Race Day Assignments, their temperatures will be checked. A temperature of 100.4° F or less will be required for Race Day participation.
ATTENTION HALF MARATHON WALKERS!
Walkers are welcome in the Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon. Because of road closure permits, a 16-minute per mile pace must be maintained. Those not able to complete the Half Marathon distance in 2:45 will be moved to the Bayshore Boulevard sidewalk until Bay to Bay, at which time, they will be allowed back onto Bayshore Boulevard. These participants will be sharing the road with the Publix Gasparilla 8K participants.
Half Marathon Entry Fees
$85 – June 1 – June 30, 2020
$95 – July 1, 2020 – October 31, 2020
$105 – November 1, 2020 – January 8, 2021
$115 – ONLINE ONLY Jan. 9 – Feb. 14, 2021 (or until Half Marathon Sells Out)
If available, online registration will remain open until Sunday, February 14, 2021, but beginning Saturday, January 9, 2021, the cost of Half Marathon registration will be according to the Online Late Registration Fees ($115 – Half Marathon).
Participants that register online and provide a valid email address will receive a Race Week Registration Confirmation via email on or before Monday, February 15, 2021. This confirmation will be in addition to the confirmation received from Race Roster upon completion of online registration. The Race Week Registration Confirmation will include each participant’s Race Number, Name, Address, Race Entered, and Age.
PLEASE NOTE: If at any time, you have unsubscribed from the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic E-Blast Database, you WILL NOT receive a Registration Confirmation. You MUST rejoin the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic E-Blast Database. To rejoin, Click Here.
Mail-In Offline Registration Fees:
Please note that due to the administrative costs associated with processing Offline 2021 PGDC Registrations, a $3 Processing Fee must be added to the Total Registration Amount Due – if payment does not reflect the additional $3 Processing Fee, the entry form and payment will be returned.
To register by mail, please download and complete a 2021 PGDC By-Mail Form-Fillable Registration Form must be downloaded and opened in Adobe Reader. Once opened, please click on each field, provide the requested information and then, print for signing, enclose Entry Fee Payment (including $3 Processing Fee), and mail to the following address: GDCA, P.O. Box 1881 • Tampa, Fl. 33601-1881
Registered participants who provide a correct and legible email address will receive a Registration Confirmation via email no earlier than Monday, February 15, 2021. Confirmation will include each participant’s assigned Race Number, Name, Address, Race Entered, and Age.
Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon Shirt & Race Number Pick-Up will take place during the 8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo being held at the Tampa Convention Center – East Hall on Friday, February 19, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m., and on Saturday, February 20, beginning at 9:30 a.m. (following Start of 5K) and until 5 p.m.
For late out-of-town arrivals ONLY, there will be very limited Packet Pick-Up on Race Day, Sunday, February 21. Requests for Race Day Packet Pick-up must be made in writing and no later than Sunday, February 15, 2021. To request a Race Day Packet Pick-up, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not able to attend the Expo and pick-up your Race Number, a Race Number Pick-Up Authorization Form must be completed, signed, and presented by whoever WILL be picking up for you. A downloadable version of the Authorization Form can be found below.