May 8 – 9, 2021
2021 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
2021 PGDC Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge
COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
● To protect the health and wellbeing of themselves, those around them, and their family and friends, the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association has established a Mandatory Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter Policy for all participants, volunteers **and staff** in the following, 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend areas:
◆ 15K & Half Marathon Start Staging Corrals & Staging Zone
◆ 15K & Half Marathon Start Line Corrals
■ The Race Morning Schedule calls for participants to remain in the Secure Start & Start Staging Area for no more than 45-minutes.
■ After crossing the Start Line, Face Coverings/Masks/Gaiters can be removed.
◆ 15K & Half Marathon Finish Lines
■ After crossing the Finish Line and while in the Finish Line Area, participants must wear a Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter
● Tampa Convention Center/8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo
◆ **To perform their duties throughout Race Weekend, Volunteers and Staff will be required to wear a Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter at all times, including but not limited to while in the Tampa Convention Center/Expo, All Event Venues, Start Line, Start Staging Corrals & Start Staging Zone, Aid Stations & Finish Line.
● 15K & Half Marathon Start Location – Brorein Street & Franklin Street
● Beginning at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday (15K), May 8, 2021, & Sunday (Half Marathon), May 9, 2021, 10 – Wave Starts of 500 will take place at 15-Minute Intervals.
● 15K & Half Marathon Wave Start Seeding will be based on Verified Finish Times.
◆ All participants provided Projected Finish Times will be verified on Athlinks, the largest results database in the world.
● 15K & Half Marathon Registered Participants will be assigned 15K & Half Marathon Staggered Staging & Start Times
● 15K & Half Marathon Secure Start & Start Staging Area
◆ Entry into the 15K & Half Marathon Secure Start & Staging Area will be based on a participant’s assigned Staging & Start Time.
● Prior to entry into the 15K & Half Marathon Secure Start & Start Staging Area, participants will be required to complete the COVID-19 ‘A Pirate’s Healthy Life For All’ Promise
● Prior to entry into the 15K & Half Marathon Secure Start & Start Staging Areas on Race Day, participants’ temperatures will be checked. A temperature of 100.4° F or less will be required for entry.
◆ If on Race Morning, a participant’s temperature registers above 100.4° F, they will be asked to step aside, wait five minutes, and return for another temperature check.
◆ If after three tries, the participant’s temp continues to register above 100.4° F, entry into the Secure Start & Start Staging Area will be refused.
● 15K & Half Marathon Secure Start Areas (30′ x 750′) will be set-up according to physical distancing guidelines including, but not limited to, Physical Distancing Street Decals, Physically Distant Participant Linear Rows separated by barricades, controlled participant forward movement to Start Line.
◆ 500-Participants Per Wave Start.
◆ 32-Participants will Start every minute
■ In 2020, 1,200 crossed the 15K & Half Marathon Start Line in one minute
◆ Four-Participants will Start every 7-seconds.
● 15K & Half Marathon Secure Start Staging Areas (40′ x 500′) will be set-up according to physical distancing guidelines including, but not limited to, Physical Distancing Street Markings, Physical Distancing Visual Signage, and controlled participant forward movement to Start Staging Area.
● Throughout the 2021 PGDC Race Weekend, all race staff, volunteers, and support personnel will be required to complete the COVID-19 ‘A Pirate’s Healthy Life For All’ Promise; and to access their Race Day Assignments, their temperatures will be checked. A temperature of 100.4° F or less will be required for Race Day participation.
Don’t miss the chance to participate in the 2021 Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge that consists of running the 15K on Saturday and Half Marathon on Sunday.
In addition to the individual event Runner Premiums (15K Shirt & Half Marathon Shirt, 15K Finishers Medal & Half Marathon Finisher’s Medal, 15K Virtual Finisher’s Certificate & Half Marathon Finisher’s Certificate, a Virtual ‘Goody Goody’ Race Bag & one PGDC Branded Publix Reusable Shopping Bag), and PGDC branded running cap. Registered Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge participants will also receive a Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge Jacket.
Those runners and walkers that complete the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge by participating in and crossing the Finish Lines of 15K & Half Marathon, will receive a Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge Finisher’s Medal and a Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge Finisher’s Certificate.
ATTENTION MICHELOB ULTRA PURE GOLD CHALLENGE WALKERS! Walkers are welcome in the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge. Because of road closure permits, a 16-minute per mile pace must be maintained in the 15K, 5K & Half Marathon. For event-specific Walker Information, please visit the 15K & Half Marathon Runner Info pages.
Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge Entry Fees
$165 – June 1 – 30, 2020
$185– July 1 – Oct. 31, 2020
$205 – Nov. 1, 2020 – March 5, 2021
$225 – ONLINE ONLY March 6– May 2, 2021
Please note that the Michelob Ultra Pure Gold Challenge Sells Out Quickly!
All 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic participants MUST sign the Race Form Waiver. A Parent or Legal Guardian MUST sign the Race Application Waiver for participants under the age of 18.
LATE ONLINE REGISTRATION FEES WILL BEGIN ON SATURDAY, March 6, 2021.
Upon completion of your Online Registration, you will receive a confirmation email from Race Roster Networks.
Mail-In Offline Registration
To register by mail, please complete this 2021 PGDC By-Mail Registration. (PGDC Registration Form must be opened in Adobe Reader). Once opened, click on each field, fill in and then, print for signing. Once completed, enclose Entry Fee Payment and mail to the following address: GDCA • P.O. Box 1881 • Tampa, FL 33601-1881
All Mail-in Offline 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K Race Applications must be postmarked by March 5, 2021.
IMPORTANT: Due to administrative costs associated with processing Mail-in Offline PGDC Registrations, a $3 Processing Fee must be added to the Total Registration Amount Due. Registration Forms received without the $3 Processing Fee will be returned.
Click here for the 2021 PGDC By-Mail Registration Form
Race Confirmation Emails
Registered participants who provide a correct and legible email address will receive a Race Registration Confirmation via email from PGDC no later than Monday, May 3, 2021. Confirmation will include each participant’s assigned Race Number, Name, Address, Race Entered, and Age.
If at any time, you have unsubscribed from the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic E-Blast Database, you WILL NOT receive a Registration Confirmation via email. You MUST rejoin the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic E-Blast Database. To rejoin, Click Here.
Due to extensive logistical planning and commitments made in the race production process, we have a no refund, no deferrals, no transfer policy.
If you register by mail or online, you MUST pick up your T-shirt and packet during the 8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo being held at the Tampa Convention Center – East Hall on Friday, May 7, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., and on Saturday, May 8, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not able to attend the Expo and pick-up your Race Number, a Race Number Pick-Up Authorization Form must be completed, signed, and presented by whoever WILL be picking it up for you. A downloadable version of the Authorization Form can be found below.
On Monday, May 10, 2021, complete (but not Official) 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K Results will be featured in the e-Newspaper version of the 2021 PGDC Special Race Results Section from www.tampabay.com, the official website for the Tampa Bay Times.
Additionally, a printed version of the 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K Results Special Section will be featured in select copies of the Wednesday, May 12, 2021 Edition of the Tampa Bay Times that can be found at local retail locations including Publix.
For those folks that live out of the Tampa Bay Area or aren’t Tampa Bay Times subscribers, the TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section will be available (and mailed to your home) for $5.
This special purchase includes postage, packaging, handling, the Wednesday, May 12th Edition of the Tampa Bay Times, and the 2021 TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section that will offer Race Weekend Coverage, Race Photos, AND complete (but not official) 2021 PGDC 15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K Age Group Results.
To purchase the 2021 TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section Package, register online or by mail. Already registered, please utilize the 2021 TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section Order Form fillable