May 8-9, 2021
2021 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
2021 Stella Solstice Challenge
2021 PGDC Stella Solstice Challenge
COVID-19 Mitigation Plan
To offer an In-Person Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend, the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association has created and received the necessary approvals for a 2021 PGDC Race Weekend COVID-19 Mitigation Plan but will continue to follow the guidance of local Government and Health Officials as it relates to precautions relative to COVID-19.
Please remember, if the cancellation of an in-person 2021 PGDC Race Weekend due to COVID-19 is deemed necessary, the Association will comply and convert all events to a virtual experience.
Overall, the 2021 PGDC Race Weekend COVID-19 Mitigation Plan was designed to offer the opportunity for Gasparilla participants to run or walk the 15K, 5K, Half Marathon, or 8K in person, as safely as possible during the pandemic.
The 2021 PGDC Race Weekend COVID-19 Mitigation Plan includes the following for the Stella Solstice Challenge:
Reduced Stella Solstice Challenge Registration Cap – 500
● To protect the health and wellbeing of themselves, those around them, and their family and friends, the Gasparilla Distance Classic Association has established a Mandatory Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter Policy for all participants, volunteers **and staff** in the following, but not limited to, 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic Race Weekend areas:
◆ Start Staging Corrals & Staging Zone
◆ Start Line Corral
■ The Race Morning Schedule calls for participants to remain in the Secure Start & Start Staging Area for no more than 45-minutes.
■ After crossing the Start Line, Face Coverings/Masks/Gaiters can be removed.
● Finish Line
◆ After crossing the Finish Line and while in the Finish Line Area, participants must wear a Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter
● Tampa Convention Center/8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo
◆ **To perform their duties throughout Race Weekend, Volunteers and Staff will be required to wear a Face Covering/Mask/Gaiter at all times, including but not limited to while in the Tampa Convention Center/Expo, All Event Venues, Start Line, Start Staging Corrals & Start Staging Zone, Aid Stations & Finish Line.
● 15K Start Location will be utilized for the 15K & 8K
● Beginning at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday, May 8, 2021, & 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, May 9, 2021, 10 – Wave Starts of 500 will take place at 15-Minute Intervals.
● Wave Start Seeding will be based on Verified Finish Times.
◆ All participants provided Projected Finish Times will be verified on Athlinks, the largest results database in the world.
● Assigned Staggered Staging & Start Times
● 15K & 8K Secure Start & Start Staging Area
◆ Entry into the 15K & 8K Secure Start & Staging Area will be based on a participant’s assigned Staging & Start Time.
● Prior to entry into the 15K & 8K Secure Start & Start Staging Area, participants will be required to complete the COVID-19 ‘A Pirate’s Healthy Life For All’ Promise
● Prior to entry into the 15K & 8KSecure Start & Start Staging Area on Race Day, participants’ temperatures will be checked. A temperature of 100.4° F or less will be required for entry.
◆ If on Race Morning, a participant’s temperature registers above 100.4° F, they will be asked to step aside, wait five minutes, and return for another temperature check.
◆ If after three tries, the participant’s temp continues to register above 100.4° F, entry into the Secure Start & Start Staging Area will be refused.
● Secure Start Area (30′ x 750′) for each distance will be set-up according to physical distancing guidelines including, but not limited to, Physical Distancing Street Decals, Physically Distant Participant Linear Rows separated by barricades, controlled participant forward movement to Start Line.
◆ 500-Participants Per Wave Start.
◆ 32-Participants will Start every minute
■ In 2020, 1,200 crossed the 15K & 8K Start Line in one minute
◆ Four-Participants will Start every 7-seconds.
● Two Secure Start Staging Areas (40′ x 500′) will be set-up according to physical distancing guidelines including, but not limited to, Physical Distancing Street Markings, Physical Distancing Visual Signage, and controlled participant forward movement to Start Staging Area.
● Throughout the 2021 PGDC Race Weekend, all race staff, volunteers, and support personnel will be required to complete the COVID-19 ‘A Pirate’s Healthy Life For All’ Promise; and to access their Race Day Assignments, their temperatures will be checked. A temperature of 100.4° F or less will be required for Race Day participation.
There’s a Challenge for everyone! Don’t miss the chance to participate in the 2021 Stella Solstice Challenge that consists of running the 15K on Saturday and the 8K on Sunday.
In addition to the individual event Runner Premiums (15K Shirt, 15K Finishers Medal, 8K Shirt, 8K Finishers Medal, 15K Virtual Finisher’s Certificate, 8K Virtual Finisher’s Certificate, a Virtual ‘Goody Goody’ Race Bag & one PGDC Branded Publix Reusable Shopping Bag), registered Stella Solstice Challenge participants will also receive a Stella Solstice Challenge Jacket.
Those runners and walkers that complete the Stella Solstice Challenge by participating in and crossing the Finish Lines of both events will receive a Stella Solstice Challenge Finisher’s Medal and a Stella Solstice Challenge Finisher’s Certificate.
ATTENTION STELLA SOLSTICE CHALLENGE WALKERS! Walkers are welcome in the Stella Solstice Challenge. Because of road closure permits, a 16-minute per mile pace must be maintained in the 15K & 8K. For event-specific Walker Information, please visit the 15K & 8K Runner Info pages.
Stella Solstice Challenge Entry Fees
$115 – June 1 – 30, 2020
$135 – July 1 – Oct. 31, 2020
$155 – Nov. 1, 2020 – March 5, 2021
$175 – ONLINE ONLY March 6 – May 2, 2021
Please note that the Stella Solstice Challenge sells out quickly!
All 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic participants MUST sign the Race Form Waiver. A Parent or Legal Guardian MUST sign the Race Application Waiver for participants under the age of 18.
LATE ONLINE REGISTRATION FEES WILL BEGIN ON SATURDAY, March 6, 2021.
Upon completion of your Online Registration, you will receive an email from Race Roster Networks confirming your registration.
Mail-In Offline Registration
To register by mail, please complete this 2021 PGDC By-Mail Registration. (PGDC Registration Form must be opened in Adobe Reader). Once opened, click on each field, fill in and then, print for signing. Once completed, enclose Entry Fee Payment and mail to the following address: GDCA • P.O. Box 1881 • Tampa, FL 33601-1881
All Mail-in Offline 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K Race Applications must be postmarked by March 5, 2021.
IMPORTANT: Due to administrative costs associated with processing Mail-in Offline PGDC Registrations, a $3 Processing Fee must be added to the Total Registration Amount Due. Registration Forms received without the $3 Processing Fee will be returned.
Click here for the 2021 PGDC By-Mail Registration Form
Race Confirmation Emails
Registered participants who provide a correct and legible email address will receive a Race Registration Confirmation via email from PGDC no later than Monday, May 3, 2021. Confirmation will include each participant’s assigned Race Number, Name, Address, Race Entered, and Age.
If at any time, you have unsubscribed from the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic E-Blast Database, you WILL NOT receive a Registration Confirmation via email. You MUST rejoin the Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic E-Blast Database. To rejoin, Click Here.
Due to extensive logistical planning and commitments made in the race production process, we have a no refund, no deferrals, no transfer policy.
If you register by mail or online, you MUST pick up your T-shirt and packet during the 8 On Your Side Health & Fitness Expo being held at the Tampa Convention Center – East Hall on Friday, May 7, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., and on Saturday, May 8, 6 a.m. – 5 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are not able to attend the Expo and pick-up your Race Number, a Race Number Pick-Up Authorization Form must be completed, signed, and presented by whoever WILL be picking it up for you. A downloadable version of the Authorization Form can be found below.
On Monday, May 10, 2021, complete (but not Official) 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K Results will be featured in the e-Newspaper version of the 2021 PGDC Special Race Results Section from www.tampabay.com, the official website for the Tampa Bay Times.
Additionally, a printed version of the 2021 Publix Gasparilla Distance Classic 15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K Results Special Section will be featured in select copies of the Wednesday, May 12, 2021 Edition of the Tampa Bay Times that can be found at local retail locations including Publix.
For those folks that live out of the Tampa Bay Area or aren’t Tampa Bay Times subscribers, the TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section will be available (and mailed to your home) for $5.
This special purchase includes postage, packaging, handling, the Wednesday, May 12th Edition of the Tampa Bay Times, and the 2021 TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section that will offer Race Weekend Coverage, Race Photos, AND complete (but not official) 2021 PGDC 15K, 5K, Half Marathon & 8K Age Group Results.
To purchase the 2021 TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section Package, register online or by mail. Already registered, please utilize the 2021 TBT-PGDC Race Results Special Section Order Form fillable